Sunday, July 03, 2005

A nice place to be

The woman who owns this house saw this pic and asked me how I decide whether to take a photograph in black and white or in color. Not really knowing anything about photography, I just said that if it's some kind of subject matter that seems moody or mysterious somehow, it might make a good black and white photograph. Maybe sometimes color is irrelevant to the mood. I guess. I don't really know. Maybe that's what I thought when I took this photo. This happens to be her favorite part of her house. This is where she'll sit on a Saturday morning, sipping a cup of coffee, reading the Travel section of the paper, staring out the doorway, watching the water in her pool. For her, this means no noise, no arguments, no screaming, no drama, no problems. Just calm and quiet. Must be a nice place to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The black an white shot was very nice, too. It came out nice because your focus is the view, right?

9:48 PM, July 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home